Pages

Wednesday 9 August 2017

William Pike

Today at 2:00, William Pike came to our school for a quick visit. While he was here we asked him some questions and talked about what we've done so far for the William Pike Challenge Award. It was good to see him again, since the last time I saw him was last year.

I'm really looking forward to doing some more WPCA and learning new things. And I hope we do surfing again because it was a lot of fun. If you want to check out my blog post about my surfing experience click here.



4 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds very exciting. I have to admit I had not heard of this man so had to find out about him. It's good to have someone who can encourage us to be better people but also to challenge our abilities and get us trying new things. Contine to enjoy your learning and making it a part of your life. You are a beautiful human being and I'm proud of you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm glad that I had an opportunity to do this because I found out that I really liked surfing! I will have to tell you more about it when I see you again.

      Prudence, xx

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Prudence,
    Thanks for sharing your reflection on William Pikes visit. Sounds like surfing was a real hit with you. Where I live in Whangarei there are lots of surf beaches but I haven't been surfing for years! I do like to go on the boogie board in the surf though. Do you have your own surfboard? What other new things have you tried being involved in the William Pike Challenge Award?
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't actually, I keep on talking about getting one but I always to forget to look for one. I've been on loads of walks like Bridal Path. But when I went to Arthur's Pass for the year 7 and 8 camp last year we did lots of hard hikes.

      Prudence

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.